Pre - Production:
Test Vehicles, prototypes, etc...
Pictures and information about the Factories where the vehicles were made. Before being released to the government.
Pictures of new vehicles in storage, and the stories behind the pictures
The XM151E3 appears to be generally identical to the E1 model, but it has an aluminum body. The E2 weighted 2,000 pounds empts and could carry 800 lbs of payload. Same dimensions as a normal M151. Tires were 7.10x15s
· DEVELOPMENT OF 1/4-TON 4x4 UTILITY TRICK, M151 SERIES (Technical Information Report, 1958)
· Ordered to be manufactured in 1956, total two trucks
· The two XM151E2 trucks were delivered in July 1957 and were scheduled for testing at APG and Fort Knox
· During tests re-designated as M151E2
· The final APG report on the M151E2, issued in February 1958 mentioned many fracture failures to the aluminum body, and it had been considered unsatisfactory
Not verified information:
· Unknown number of additional XM151E2 trucks bodies were manufactured, had welded aluminum gusseted reinforcements in all of the listed failure areas (Ford Archives testing report)
· Possible testing of XM151E2 truck by USMC
Thank you for any information posted here, or trough PM or email.
Information Provided by: JAROSLAV
Copyright © 2023 The M151 M151A1 M151A2 G838 Series of 1/4 ton Vehicles - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by GoDaddy Website Builder