The detail here is going to take awhile and look rather messy. please be patient.
Contracts covered in this section:
- Contract Numbers: DA-20-113-AMC-0846(T) - Willys / Kaiser
- Contract Number: DA 20-113-AMC 02787 (T) - Ford
- Contract Number: DA 20-113-AMC 07507 (T) - Ford
- Contract Number: DAAE 06-68-C-0001 - Ford
- M151A1s were delivered with M151 data plates. All where in the following registration numbers. 2E8934 thru 2E9999, 2F0001 thru 2F8817, 2G0668 thru 2G999, 2H0001 thru 2H0668, & 2J4643 thru 2J8393.They were issued an overlay plate, for the top of Serial number & Weight & Dimension plate. The plates were about 3/4 tall. ( I have found that this data is somewhat inaccurate when looking at original pictures. Example: 2F8391 is an M151 NOT an M151A1). More info to follow
- M151A1 with registration number 2G0668 was the first M151 series vehicle with a factory installed Zenith carburetor. So 2G00667 and earlier had the Holley carburetor from the factory.
- M151A1 with registration number 2K4754 was first M151 series vehicle with over center hand brake. So 2K4754 and earlier had the ratcheting hand brake with button on top to release.
- Per information taken from USGI reference material there is a unspecified group of vehicles (would not think more that 6 months worth) with duplicate registration numbers prior to August 1966. So yes, 2 M151s could have the same registration number in late 1965 & early 1966.